Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sick and Bored

I am sick AGAIN!! I don't get sick that often, but I seem to have the virus from hell. We used to call this a summer cold, but I have now been told that this is the flu. When I was a kid, throwing up meant you had the flu and colds involved nose blowing and coughing. Now a cold is the flu - what is throwing up? Anyway - none of it is pleasant and I am very bored with coughing, sitting, sleeping and pretending that I am all better.

This is one of the things I did while coughing.
First I brushed the dog:

Then I used my beautiful new drum carder to prepare the fur for spinning:

Then I used my lovely Babe spinning wheel to make yarn:

Finally - I knitted a lovely coat for Jayne's rat terrier Bridgette (modeled by a friendly bear):

And in a final startling turn of events - the bear showed that I am indeed the alpha bear in my house:

I have got to get out of the house!

3 comments:

  1. Kathy, I'm fascinated that you can knit with Jazz's fur! The carding and spinning are especially interesting! May I come over sometime and watch those two steps?

    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROTFLMAO! I can't wait to put that sweater on Bridget. Now she'll be warm this winter, fall, or any time it's below 50 degrees (her freezing point!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! And hysterical! You have exerted bear dominance!

    Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete