Monday, March 22, 2010

The "Dog Yard"

This is the time of year that tests the mettle of any good accountant, but I found a little time to tend to the "dog yard."

As I reported earlier, Coach ate a stuffed toy and required surgery. That in turn required some major cleaning up of the dog play area. I wanted to be sure there were no more toys he could swallow. Unfortunately, that was when the yard had about four inches of frozen snow/ice on the ground. I did what I could, but some toys were not ready for the indoor life.


I could hear his little hedgehog voice saying, "Help me, oh please help me."

After I got rid of anything that might obstruct Coach's colon I was forced to get rid of the now visible evidence that his colon was again working very well. YUCK - what a way to spend my only day off.

Lately I have been able to enjoy a little quality time in the yard with the dogs. Yesterday Coach gave me a toy that appears to date back to the beginning of time.

It's either a rope toy or a very creative moss garden. I thought it was so pretty I was trying to figure out how to keep it. Then I got a look at what that moss looks like all over a puppy's teeth. Oh no - I don't think that will do at all.

Soon it will be April 15th and I will be a free woman again. Give your accountants a break and get those taxes in NOW.

3 comments:

  1. Well, that sure is PURDY!!! G With all that rain, it might even be clean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be happy to know my taxes are done! Whoohoo, nice return too. You can do it & we'll see you sometime in mid to late April!
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so entertaining to see what appears when the snow leaves!

    Looking forward to you being able to surface again soon.

    ReplyDelete